CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, March 20, 2009

Posting 2: To Write, or Not To Write?


This time I really, really past the due date because of my 'last minute work' attitude. I just dont know what to say and still a little bit blurry about the assignments. But that just sound like an excuse isn't it?

Anyway, back to the topic, how can blogging improve and enhance a blogger's writing skills? Well, I dont have strong facts to support me, but through my own blogging experience, it really help in improving my writing skills. For example, when I started blogging a while a go, I only write the things that crossed my mind. When I finished writing I would read the words that I wrote then double check everything. I found many grammar mistakes, spelling errors and all sorts of careless mistakes a person do when they were writing. That way, I can edit my posts until I'm satisfied with the way I'm writing.

Another way how a blogger can improve or enhance their writing skills is by the help of their follower or visitors that leave comments on their blogs. Sometimes if we're lucky enough, a person who happen to be very good in writing skills or any areas of language might be interested in what we write in our blog and give us advice on how to improve ourselves. If we're not that lucky (dont take what I say about luck seriously ^^) we still have friends who follow our blog (or have to, for the sake of the tasks, LOL). This way, we can use their help to guide us on blogging or ask them information regarding the tasks given. Its easier to point out other people's mistakes, thats why we need our friends to follow our blog so that they can tell us what we have done wrong ^_^v

In the first posting we had been given a choice of which type of reading we like. There is one about the incidental reading. Talking about incidental reading, we encounter a lot of articles and information on line while blogging. For instance, when we're searching for current news and affairs, we might stumble upon unpredictable information like what I found when I searched for article related to blogging. Click here for the URL.

I think the article is quite interesting because it is something very important when we are blogging. We should learn the terms such as blogosphere, moblog, blogware, etc. When we are blogging, we also need to know about the language terms that people use in the cyber world especially for someone who is a little bit slow in this kind of area (For example, me ~_~). Why should we learn about the blogging language? Not only we need to understand them as a guidance through our blogging tasks, but also to help us convey our message clearly. What I mean is, other professional bloggers would not understand what we're trying to convey if we use different terms that what they're used to. Get what I mean?

Finally, the reason why I think blogging help to improve and enhance writing skills is that practice makes perfect. When we're writing our blogs continuously, we become accustomed to writing and the words flow smoothly. I used to only write short paragraphs when I started blogging, but now I can also write long ones (that's probably because I'm getting off topic again >.<) Blogging can become a writing practice therefore its a good exercise for language students. Besides, blogging can be quite fun and interesting (if we know how to use all the gadgets ^^) Anyway, I have proved my point here that blogging can improve blogger's writing skills. Dont believe me? Read my postings again after the semester ends, see if I will get better or worse.

1 comments:

norizan said...

This is your second posting ok. SO you still need to post the first one on reading. Blogging does improve one's writing if one continously edit his or her work. I'm sure your writing will be longer at the end of the semester.